SOME JAPANESE DISCONTINUED MECHANICAL PENCILS

JAPANESE DISCONTINUED MECHANICAL PENCILS - PENTEL ERGONOMIX, VICUÑA / UNI -ISH

일본 단종 샤프들 - 펜텔 에르고노믹스, 비쿠나 / 유니 -ISH




Pentel Ergonomix


Here are some discontinued Japanese mechanical pencils.
The first one is the famous Ergonomix model.
I once posted it in this post.
Luckily, I found two more in different colors, so I wanted show them again.


Pentel Ergonomix


One has a sky blue color, and the other one has a shining deep blue color.
I like blue colors and both look great to me!


Pentel Ergonomix


The characteristic grip of Ergonomix.
They are very soft and comfortable - as the name says, they are ergonomical.


Pentel Vicuna


Now, the new mechanical pencil.
This is a Vicuña model of Pentel.
Well, to talk about the first impression, nothing seems to special.
In fact, I believe most people never knew such mechanical pencil had existed and even discontinued for now!


Pentel Vicuna


The most interesting part would be its name Vicuña.
Vicuña is a camelid animal, being the relative of llama, with the brown hair.
Until I saw this, I didn't know the existence of the animal vicuña.


Pentel Vicuna


It's unusual its name is written next to the grip - I like this kind of design.
The grip is soft and has wavy patterns like the above Ergonomix model.
The lead sleeve is non-retractable.

There are other color versions, but I think this color suits most considering the color of vicuña.
The mixture of brown and white color is exactly the color of that animal!


Pentel Vicuna


Its price is ¥150, which belongs to the cheap models.


Uni -ish


The last one is Uni's -ish color mechanical pencil.
The appearance resembles Pentel's Caplet mechanical pencil without the cap.


Uni -ish


It is the color mechanical pencil, i.e., it uses ghe color lead, not the normal graphite lead.
You can find other color versions, and the color of the lead follows that of the barrel.


Uni -ish


It's nice the color is erasable.
Pilot's Frixion models with erasable ink launched in 2006.
Of course, it is the "ink," which is not comparable to this.
But before the advent of such erasable ink, this type of erasable color lead might have contained more value.


Uni -ish


Except for the fact it has a spiral grip, it really looks similar to Caplet mechanical pencil.
I often lost the cap when I used the Caplet mechanical pencil, so this view was quite common to me.




Post a Comment

0 Comments